Last summer my roommate and I ambitiously decided to run a half marathon. The training was exhausting and at times I wanted to give up, but I am so happy to have accomplished this goal.
For all of you gym lovers, I highly recommend you take on this great summer challenge!
Tips & Tricks
- Run slowly – it’s a marathon, not a sprint!
- Find a running buddy – it makes the time go by much faster and it will definitely motivate you to get off the couch!
- Ease into your training – if you follow a program, you will have plenty of time to prepare. Don’t rush or over-train, it’s the best way to avoid injury
- Use the Runkeeper app – you can log your runs and follow a half marathon training plan
- Take a day off – from my experience, you will get quite sore from those long runs! Don’t stress about running every day. Rest your joints and stretch frequently – it will definitely benefit you long-term